Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bubby's floor...

I decided to take up that red floor in Bubby and was very nervous about what I might find underneath. I was hoping that whoever put it down did so as a matter of taste and not to cover up a bad floor. Mind you this was a big risk as far as I am concerned! And I don't usually get lucky where these things go. Usually, I am unpleasantly surprised by how bad those hidden spots are!
This is the old floor that was put on top of the older floor!
I decided to start scraping at the door where one would usually find the most damage due to the high traffic. AHHHHHH....It is in pretty good condition minus the dirt and glue residue. You should have seen the dirt on me when I got done! As they say, it's a messy job but someone's got to do it!



I think that once this is all cleaned up it will make it look a lot brighter and a lot bigger!

Once I got all the old red floor up I started to scrub the older floor and it looks like it will become nice and clean again. It has specks of yellow, pink and turquoisey blue in it! Perfect! That opens whole new options as far as Bubby's color scheme is concerned. I like it! I also like my luck in finding this older floor to be in such great condition! Yippee for me!!!!

Pretty cool, huh?           

No comments: